Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Central Management Option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergiordz

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2006
US
Every time I open BrightStor Manager I get the message:

"The License of Central Management Option on NAME_OF_SERVER has expired, some functions on the member server won´t be available. Please apply Central Management Option License. And please restart the CA ARCserve Backup Manager after applying the license"

After clicking OK button, everything seems to work fine.

I disabled "Central Management Option" from HELP menu\About BrightStor manager\License Manager, but it enables itselft again.

Does anybody know what is this product?

Thanks
Sergio

It's an option that can be purchased so you can manage all your backup servers through the one primary server. When you install R12 it's an option that you need to deselct otherwise it will keep coming up with this message.

By the way - we purchased and installed the Central Management option and migrated all our backup servers. It was the worst decision of my life. The product totally screwed our backups and caused all sorts of weird media issues like media from one backup server appearing in the library list for another server. CA support was absolutely useless and the problem never got resolved.

I have ended up removing it and we are sort of back to normal now. My advise....stay well clear of it.

to remove it go to server admin tab, install/uninstall options and select the central management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back