Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Central Database Query -Brightstor V11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grovie

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
GB
We had a major corruption on our central database, so our member dbs have been running stand-alone for a while. Since reinitialising the central DB, we're unable to successfully add the member db's back in.
Each time we get messages about the media in the device groups not being in the pools, as soon as they're unassigned they start working again.
I've tried restarts of the respective engines, to no avail.
Am I missing something or is it something really silly like - you have to re-create the pools, groups and jobs once you add them as member db's to the central?
The jobs were originally created when they were members to the central and when the dbs were unassigned, they carried on working without a problem.
The fact the jobs already exist is the only difference I can find between now and when they were set up the first time.
Any ideas would be gratefully received.

The first thing to check would be in Central DB Admin, that the members are indeed still assigned to the central DB (Best to do this from the member to be sure - it should also show up any comms issues this way).

If they are, then modify the existing job and check the media pool settings - if they are correct then re-submit it, it will re-create any media pools it needs for the job.

Thanks, I've got it working, it didn't recreate the media pools, but I have had to do a quick erase plus on the media to get it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back