Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Central Call Pilot Manager server

Status
Not open for further replies.

guycable2

MIS
Apr 16, 2004
US
Hi

We have installed a centrally located server that runs Manager and Reporter to administer our 12 or so Call Pilots. Part of our security review was to install this so we could turn off the local use of Call Pilot manager on each server. Basically they want IIS turned off on each system.

This will also cut down on our time to do PEPS etc because each Call Pilot won't need to have the updated Manager installed.

What is the best way to turn off the IIS service. I used one of our systems as a test bed and turned off IIS admin service which also shutdown FTP and World Wide Publishing service. Now the Call Pilot Monitor is complaining that the services are not running and I get calls everytime some logs into the server because these service aren't running. Any suggestions?

You are actually doing what the Goverment call "hardening" of the call Pilot server.

It turns off:

IIS
FTP

But there are more steps involved, then just stopping those services. You have to set up the server so it doesn't look for those services. That is why you are getting those alarms.

If you go to the Nortel website, look for the Call Pilot 4.0 JITC Hardening NTP. This document will show you how to complete this process.

If you have access to patches, Nortel has written an executable script file that will do all the configuration for you.

Don't forget, without those services, you can't start App Builder on those systems. You will have to "Un-harden" the system to use App Builder.

NTP: P-2006-0227-Global_CallPilot_4_JITC_Hardened_Configuration.

Also, I forgot, this document is only for Server2003 and Call Pilot 4.0, but it addresses all the server changes you need to make.

Hope this helps.

John

Thanks for the direction. The Application Builder issue I hadn't thought of. Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back