Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CentOS Server (FreeRADIUS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chieftan

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
GB
Hi,

Probably 2 very simple questions for Linux experts (I'm getting there slowly :) )

1: Running CentOS with freeradius.

To run freeRADIUS in debug mode, at the command line : radius -X

This runs the RADIUS daemon and all is fine, however, the window obviously remains open showing all authentication and accounting packets and there is no return to the command prompt without stopping the daemon. What switch or command can I add to this to allow the daemon to run in the background and return to a command prompt with the daemon still running?

2: If the server is rebooted (accidentally - as someone did recently, not me.... ).... what command can I use to automatically start the "radius -X" daemon?

Thanks in advance

Solved question number 1, which just leaves question 2..... answer to question I found was to do the following:

1: Add the service to the chkconfig file under sbin

sudo /sbin/chkconfig --add radius

2: Ensure it is switched on for auto start under a reboot

sudo /sbin/chkconfig radiusd on

That was it. Tested and working.

I will probably be able to find out the answer to question 2 as well but am being a little lazy, will let you know if I find out before an answer is written here.

Question number 2 answered myself.... I should be able to award myself a star :)

Answer.... I just used (for a file record purpose) - nohup radiusd -X &

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back