Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CentOS Accused of Hacking Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious. The idiocy of bureaucrats in action, sadly not limited to government.

The most unfortunate part of this type of thing is that the *people* of the city elect these fools, or those who appoint them.

Naturally this had nothing to with CentOS (which I use myself). Of course, in typical politician fashion, the last response is "I'm sorry for the unfortunate incident" rather than "I apologize, I was wrong". Shift the blame anywhere rather than accept it. This guy's a parody of a politician.

Aaaahhhh...Some hacker installed 3 Linux OSs on my pc...there's not M$ anywhere...Oh wait, that was me!!!

SELECT * FROM management WHERE clue > 1
> 0 rows returned

--ThinkGeek T-Shrit

Now it's on SlashDot and the Register, too. Woohoo - more publicity for a great distro....

And... The extra publicity managed to (hopefully temporarily) take the CentOS website down. Damage accomplished. Maybe the FBI launched a DOS attack? Rumours, conjecture... You can't get any better free publicity!!

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

The CentOS forums are up now, with the following notice:
"We apologise that the centos.org website has suffered a slashdot effect due to the following news story."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back