Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centillion 100 software issue -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frazerinmelb

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2004
AU
Hello all, I know some others have asked this, but there have been no replies, I have a c100 with a ATM155 MCP and when I connect to the serial port all I get is the message:

POST not yet implemented,
returning to MAIN PROM

The switch has 3 10/100 20 port switched modules and 2 10Mb/s 16 port modules and it works as a transperent switch, but I want to do some
"self training" on management and VLANs.
Has the Flash memory been corrupted by someone?
Is there any way I can install a new image?
When I install a jumper on the diagnostic pins, it does a memory test,then stops at

executing from RAM....

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

try this site--> ftp://ftp.baynetworks.com/pub to look for new image. Before that, try to disconnect RAM for a few minutes. Then Reset

try this site--> ftp://ftp-support.baynetworks.com/pubswcode/centillion/c100/
to look for new image. Before that, try to disconnect RAM for a few minutes. Then Reset.

Can someone help me in the right direction

Frazerinmelb...I think I have the same issue as you do....a corrupted flash eprom.

Besides sending the chip out to get re-flashed and/or finding new chips, is there any way around this issue.

I accidentally interrupted a software upload and now the MCP card will not boot.

I have some other MCP's and switched the EPROM chip with them and it boots fine.

I am looking for a way to repair/replace the chip that I corrupted.

Any help is greatly apprrciated???

Thanks

Can you factory default the board settings ??????

Rick Harris
SC Dept of Motor Vehicles
Network Operations

how to set the board to factory default? i didnt see any jumper in this board? when i connect via serial, i didnt see any msg. anyone can help?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back