Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centillion 100 (C100) serial cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2002
BE
Hello,

I'm looking for a cable for my newly-acquired refurbished C100. Apparently it's a MD8 (Mini-Din) male to DB9 female or DB25 female cable. All the info on how to _build_ such a cable is available at But I'm looking for a new "pre-made" cable.

Bayswitches.com says that older Apple serial cables used MD8 connectors, and indeed I've found some cable from Blackbox ( I've also checked on an "old" Mac G3 (grey) tower, and it seems to match as well.

Does anyone know if serial Apple cables work with a C100 ? What about the internal wiring ? Has anybody tried this already ?

Thansk in advance,

Jerome

Hi

Many other devices use a 9 or 25 way D to mini-DIN cable. However the only other one I know that is the same as the Centillion 100 is used on Alteon/Nortel WSM cards. They come with the product, but this is a pretty rare and expensive device, so it is unlikely you will find one from which you can take the cable.

I would either make one up, or contact s company like Black Box to get one custom made.

There is a guy selling those cables on ebay right now, he is kinda expensive but if your looking for prefab cable he is the only way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back