Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centering Menus (Forms Maximized)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesaint86

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
A few weeks ago I built some menus(5-forms) for my Access Database. Each menu has command buttons and text to the right of each command button. I set my menus to maximize when open. When open the menus the menus they using my monitor (19") they are nice and centered. The other day I open my database using asmaller monitor and my menus where all the way to the right of the screen. I would like to know is there a way to setup my menus where no matter what monitor you use the menus will be always centered in the screen.

The controls in your menu form are positioned by a value from the left and top of the form in inches. So when you move to a smaller monitor it will still be the same distance from the top-left corner leaving less space to the right and bottom.

There are ways to examine the screen resolution and programatically change the size and positions of controls but I don't think there is a way of determining the size of the monitor.

Your best workaround will be to make a relatively small menu, set the form's AutoCenter property to True and not maximize it. Then it will look the same on most monitors. "The Key, The Whole Key, and Nothing But The Key, So Help Me Codd!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back