Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CECP Exam (Level 3) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie2

Programmer
Jul 28, 2004
US
Hi,

I wrote exam 3 for CE and failed with 62% and passing score is 80%. I noticed that this exam has more questions on sizing and architecture. Does anybody has any documentation for his exam.

About Business Views, I can get all the help from BV Manager help files.

Also per my xpereince this exam is really hard and not easy to pass like Exam 1 and Exam 2.

Thanks,

Vishal

There's a sizing guide from BO that is part of the SA400 "Designing and Deploying a Solution" course.

It is based on old hardware specs from about 3 years ago, but I would assume that it is the same numbers they use for the exam.

The only way to get one is to take the course, or if you are a registered CE customer you can chase your salesperson for the "Sizing Guide" - if you agree to sign an NDA.

Hi,

Finally I passed the SACE400 exam. This was my 2nd attempt. I must say this exam is more tricky and professional as compared to first 2 exams.

I have couple of questions:
1.> Now I am CECP, When will I get the certificate.
2.> Can I use the Logo and Title for official purpose.
3.> Any other steps I must take after certification.
4.> Is there any web site where I should register after certification (Like the one Microsoft has for MCP).

Thanks,

V

1.> Now I am CECP, When will I get the certificate.
I think everyone is still waiting for their certificates. Check out this thread: thread860-886420

2.> Can I use the Logo and Title for official purpose.
I imagine you can use the CECP logo for official purposes, but you should ask BO about that. They would have to supply you the logo anyway.

3.> Any other steps I must take after certification.
I was told by BO that Pearson Vue sends information to regarding tests that were taken. Once BO receives that information, you are considered certified and they update their database. They will confirm your cerification for you if a client requests that.

4.> Is there any web site where I should register after certification (Like the one Microsoft has for MCP).
I don't believe you need to do anything else.

~Brian

Hi,

To answer my questions as stated by BO officials:

One can use the title CECP from the day all 3 exams have been passed. This title can be used for official purposes, on your Resume, Visiting cards etc.

However legal department of BO does not allow the use of Logo for any purposes.

Thanks,

V

Techie2, Any chance you could give us all a few tips in the content Exam 3 ?

Cheers if you do !

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

40 questions in 85 minutes. You need 80% which is too much to ask.

Exam 3 is really difficult as compared to 1st and 2nd. Here are some tips and sections:

1. Try to get Sizing Guide. Read and understand properly. This guide will make atleast 4-5 questions. Only BO partners have access to this guide. I used to work for BO partner company so I have that document which you can arrange with your resorces.

2. Read BV guide in real detail and understand everything by trying examples on Crystal Designer and CE.
This will make around 15-20 questions.

3. Couple of questions would on architecture like which service is not working based on the questions scenario. Around 2-3 questions.

4. Other questions are going to be mix of what you have studied in 1st and 2nd exam.

Again, it is really difficult exam. Try to spent full 85 minutes.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thx.

V

Just starting revision for the final exam.

Was wondering if I will be asked to apply the calculations in the Sizing Guide. For example will I be given a scenario and asked to say how many CMS Services will be required ?

Are there any questions on Planning your content - which is in Appendix B of the "Designing and Deploying a Solution" booklet.

What about things like Designing a System Management Plan ?

You said in you last post that there were only 4-5 questions on this stuff, but its a rather large book.

Any help would be class !

Hi,

Yes there will be questions on sizing. You will have to calculate how many services of a kind are required based on the scenario.

4-5 questions were for Sizing stuff.

About planning he content, there will be few questions. I did not study anything and I picked the answer with best of IT knowledge I have. You will be able to answers those questions quite easily beause they are pretty basic.

V

I did not take any class,so really can not comment on that but generally going for class may be good option.

I just did the 3rd exam and failed with 67%. I must say I think this particular exam was ridiculous. Even studying was hard, especially with the sizing stuff as the Sizing Guide and the sizing information in the manual conflicted!

Needless to say I studied the sizing & business view stuff a lot, only to find that most of my exam was on disaster recovery! Whoops! That's what you get for concentrating your study on hints and tips, instead of doing the hard yards I guess!!

Anyway, my tip to others who haven't done it yet is this - take you time to study, read everything in the SA400 manual, and also the BV manual. Do every single activity in both, and all the quizes too. On top of that, read the sizing guide which you can download from the business objects support site. Be careful though because some of the numbers conflict.

Hopefully what was said in one of the other threads about having to wait 5 days before doing the exam again is wrong. Back to more study for me!!!

Waiting for exam for 5 days is correct as I tried to register for Exam 3 on the same day I failed, but could not register because of 5 days waiting time before you can register again for exam.

It is not bad in a way as some Certifications, Eg: Oracle makes you wait 30 days before you can appear for same exam.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back