Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CECP Exam Level 2 SACE300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2004
GB
Just sat Exam 2 of the CECP. Pass mark was 75% and I got 72%. Missed out by the smallest of margins. Gutted :-(

Just to give you guys some tips on what to study for the exam for help in the future:

- Lesson 3 of the Book SA300.
This stuff came up alot. Configuring servers to work with Java for instance came up. I think this whole chapter is pretty much covers around 10 questions in the exam. Know the architecture like the back of you hand.

- Firewalls.
Not specifically firewalls, but know how to configure configure the Web Connector and WCS using the command line in the CCM. Know specifically about -ns, -port, -request port. Id advise you to look at the Administrators guide for Crystal Enterprise available in PDF from BO as it explains the stuff better than the manuals.

- Servers
Know what each server's job is, and more specifically know how the CE System would be affected if the server went down. For instance what CE functionality would be affected if the Input FRS went down, and what functionality could you still use.

- Migration
Know about how to migrate from one CMS database to another.

- Clustering
Specifically asked in the exam was the pre-requisits for clustering found on page 4-14 of SA300.

- CMC
Know all the options on the Properties tabs and what they do.

- CCM
Know what you can edit for each Configuration tab on the Servers

- Web Connector
Know what this does and When you need to use it. For example in specifying where the CSP code is if you moved it.

I am going to sit the exam quite soon so I will update the forum afterwards if any new content appears.

Guys,

Passed re-sit today with 90% score. I cannot stress how important it is for you all to go through the JAVA material in the manuals.

If I was you I would install Tomcat and get the whole of CE running under the Java implementation. There are MANY questions on this.

Apart from the ones that I mentioned in my last post I would say that you will have to know the following also :

1. Name Shell
2. Clustering (What happens when you add a CMS)
3. Server grouping (Benefits/why)

If you guys wanna drops some questions into the forum Ill be happy to help !

Good Luck.

Stephen.

Following on from Stephen's excellent guidance I would underline that you need to know what each tab in the CMC knows. For server component xyz what are the items under each tab eg Properties, Metrics etc. I have been administering CE for 3 years and came unstuck on a question today as I wasn't sure of the exact wording.

Good luck,
ShortA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back