Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE9 WinAD plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahdu

Programmer
Jun 5, 2008
GB
Hi,

I now know that CE9 is not supported. Unfortunately, I've been asked to migrate our existing CE9 installation to a new server. This is fine apart from the WinAD plugin. When the original installation was done, no one kept a copy of the original ce9_adplugin_en.zip file.

So, we've been trying to get single sign-on with WinAD to work (on a Win2003 server). I've done the following:

Copied over webcontent/secWinAD folder and registered secWinAD.dll
changed Logon.csp entry for secEnterprise to secWinAD
Copied packages\win32_x86\secWinAD.msi from old server to new.
Enabled servers and restarted.
Changed IIS directory security settings for the crystal web folders to uncheck anonymous user and select option for integrated windows authentication.

Unfortunately this has not worked as still prompted to log on to ePortfolio (however rest of WinAD seems to work). In addition, right clicking on Web Component Server in old server gives a check box for integrated WinAD security. However, in the new one it does not (only shows NT box). WinAD appears under authentication in CMC.

I know that this is due to the fact that I don't have the entire zip and don't know the contents hence probably not all the right files copied over and registered.

Does anyone have this file or a list of what I should do. I've already googled this, checked bo site, read the ce9 winad document. At my wits end and problem is that the decision has been made that we cannot upgrade to v10.

Hi,

I managed to find this zip file from Business Objects. It was not easy. Should be sorted now. There was no way I could reverse-investigate what was in the zip file.

thanks for your help guys...(in advance).

If anyone needs the file then let me know.

Hi,

I am attempting to get NT Auth to work properly in CE9 and have had minimal success. After doing some searching I became aware of ce9_adplugin_en.zip and decided that I should give it a try. How do I obtain the file.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back