Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE9 - how can I replace existing report object (cannot use SAVE ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislarkin

Programmer
Jun 5, 2001
Hi,

My client has a master report that is used for many locations with different parameters. Is there any way to program an upload of the RPT file to update each of the parameterized reports, in the same way that you could use the Windows save dialog and the Enteprise button to save directly there.

I can see how to create a completely new report, and I've successfully updated parameters and scheduled existing reports. I can't find an answer on how to replace an existing report so that the new report version has all of the old instances and history of the old version.

Thanks in advance

Generally when you use the Windows save dialog and the Enteprise button to save and object, you should be able to overwrite the old report and keep the instances.

Once saved all you should have to do is reset the password in the database logon tab.

Test it before you do this as your settings may be different to mine.

Ian

Thanks for the ideas!

I want to get the same result as if I used the Windows save dialog and the Enteprise button. In my case, I have to put in the database password and change the output format to Acrobat.

Can either of you suggest a way of automating this process?

Is there a particular API I should be looking into?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back