Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE8 Report Viewer Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratfry

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
US
I don’t get it. Old CE8 version, everything works ok except for the lack of a printer icon on the display. Read all the posts and it appears that I am using DHTML viewer which doesn’t have a printer icon.

Looks like I must use an activex , a java viewer or a java plug in. Using IE browser.

Now how do I fix this issue.

Who tells the browser what viewer to use? The display of the report or do I set up the browser with the viewer option I need? I have hit a brick wall(ouch) and need some direction.

Thanks to all

Gary

Thanks synapservampire but are we sure we are talking about CE8 here.

<Users can adjust their own viewer by going into Preferences in eportfolio.> I'm can't find preferences. Hmmmm

The first link wants me to change some code in the reportviewer.csp. Ok, but its Java, I think, one of the languages I really don't know but I give it shot. It didn't change anything. Now I probably changed it wrong or really didn't know how to implament the new version.

I must have a mental block on this issues. Gosh, all I want is the printer icon on the bar.

Gary

Hi,
To avoid the need for ActiveX or Java viewers , use the Export ( The little envelope in the DHTML/HTML viewer's control bar) function and export as a PDF file..Then print from that.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back