Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE10 Letting Users Leave behind Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC442

MIS
Apr 19, 2004
US
Dear All,
In CE10 I want to allow users to copy a report to their favorites and schedule the report so that the next time they run the report, the parameters are filled in with whatever they chose the last time. Granting the rights to let the user copy the report is not a problem. Getting the last used parameters to stay in the parameter dialog box is the problem. In my example the user wants to run a report on a series of events. The parameter is event id. The user may have several event ids they want to monitor for a few days. Rather than input all of the events each time, it would be helpful if CE remembered the last list of event ids. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Hi,

The Crystal Management Console remembers the last set of parameters you have enetered for a report until you specifically remove them.

But if parameters are remembered, you won't be prompted.

The only option I can think of is custom code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back