Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE10 Incorrect Database Logon Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav12345

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
GB
Hi,

I'm having problems previewing reports from a new installation of Crystal Enterprise 10. - I have 2 test reports from 2 Oracle 9i databases, neither of which is displaying.

The error message I get for the first report is: 'The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.'. The ODBC driver I have set up for this database is the 'CR Oracle ODBC Driver 4.20', which connects to the database successfully when tested through the ODBC administrator. - I have also tried using the 'Oracle in Oracle 9i' database driver, which also connected successfully. When the correct details (checked a number of times) are entered in the CMC however, the report fails with the above message. The error message is displayed (after a delay of about 15-20 seconds) either when trying to preview the report from within the CMC, or when trying to preview the report from the User Interface.

The error message for the second report / database is: 'Failed to open a rowset. File 16d036350718e63c.rpt.' Unlike the first report above which fails without any parameter prompt, for this report I am prompted for the report input parameter. After entering a valid parameter however there is a short delay, then the above message is displayed.

I have Crystal Reports 10 installed on the same server, and I am able to connect to the database and display the reports correctly from within the CR10 design environment, for both of the above reports.

I have installed hotfix 'common10win_en.zip', but this hasn’t resolved the problem.

Under a bit of pressure so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gavin

Have you set the database password for the report in the CMC
i.e Process Tab for the report object then database
Also when you add a new report by default, the tickbox for Prompt the user for database logon when viewing is ticked

Thanks satshergill. Yes, I've done that (and checked the log on info. a number of times!). I've managed to resolve the problem with the second report ('Failed to open rowset'), by using a different ODBC driver (the generic Oracle 9i one rather than the latest Crystal-supplied one for Oracle), but I'm still having problems with the first report.

I think the 'The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect.' message in CE 10 has replaced the looping database logon that was prevalent in CE 9. - i.e. Its a default error message that can mean many different things.

Any other suggestions? Cheers.

Gavin, having the exact same problem, and wondering if you ever found a solution.

Thanks,

Bruce

drlekvar,

Yes, BO support finally resolved it for me. - You have to set the log on for three of the Crystal Servers / Services to an administrator user name and password (instead of the default Local System account). The servers are the Page Server, Report Job Server, and Web Component Server. Go to Services via the Control Panel, go to properties for each relevant service, change log on as above, then restart the service.

Hope this helps, gav

Thanks for your help, Gavin. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Back to the drawing board.

Bruce

HI guys,
i had the same problem and i resolved it, tell me whether any of you has transfered the CMS database from one server to an other ? If yes or even no, try this:
if you are on a domain try running all the CE servers under the Domian account which should be in the local Administrator group. In case if you have migrated CMS database from one Database to another, lets say from SQL SERVER to ORACALE, do that migration again, and point to wards the newly migrated database
POINT TOWARDS THE NEWLY MIGRATED DATABASE (very important)
you can do this by going to the properties of CMS->configration->specify-> select a datasource.

If you have CMS clustered, then you have to point the data source on each of the box where CMS reside.
More, install oracle client on each of the box where ur CE servers are insatlled and create an ODBC on each boxes with same name.
Hope this will solve the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back