Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE10 - Excel Data Only with Headers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TStriker

Programmer
Nov 12, 2003
US
I would like to be able to schedule an automated report that has data only AND has column headers.

When I choose data only now it is really is data only. I lose track of what the data means if there are more than a few columns.

On the other hand, if I use the regular Excel output I get all kinds of formatting and blank rows that I don't really want. Surely there must be a way to get data and column headers only.

-Striker

Often times I will add in a export only parameter and a separate detail section (right click and select insert section below) and conditionally suppress the appropriate section based on the response.

So then you would also add in an additional Report Header section, and conditionally turn it on based on the parameter for when the user has selected YES to the export only.

You do so by right clicking the sectiona and selecting section expert->X 2 next to suppress and placing something akin to:

This allows me to create a tight list of the columns so that the export looks right.

{?ExportOnly} <> "Yes"}

Slightly more work, but it's worth it and has carried me across numerous versions of Crystal.

-k

I do very little Crystal development but I think I understand what you are saying. I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help!

-Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back