Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE10 and BOEXI Auditing Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeHelp

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
I support an environment which runs CE10 servers and BOEXI servers. I have users needing auditing information and usage statistics on their reports and users. Unfortunately it appears that CE10 and BOEXI only tracks report usage if the report is going to RPT format. Most of my users reports are going to Excel format and the Auditing database doesn't appear to track any non-Crystal Reports formatted report like Excel, Word or PDF. Does anyone know of a way to track these other report format types using the Auditing database? I assume there are some 3rd party tools which can handle this functionality, but wanted to check and see if there are any hacks that would make this possible. It would appear that the code which writes out to the Auditing database could be modified to handle other types of report format tracking, but not sure this is something that could be modified using SDK's or modifying the .NET code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back