Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE Logon Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

schief13

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
I have recently installed the "5 Named User Complimemtary" Copy of CE on my Windows 2000 server. When I try to log in to the CMC via my browser typing Administrator with no password the user field just goes blank with no error message. All of the services are running via the configuration program and I have been able to import existing reports via the import program which also prompts for the Admin user and password. Seems like I missing something simple here??

Thanks

I have the same problem and have reinstalled both the OS and CE 9 and neither corrected it. The only solution I have found is to leave the window that pops up open when you try to connect and the click on the link to the CMC again in your launchpad. The second window will start correctly. You can also just delete the ?=logon in the first windows URL and hit enter and you should get the console as well.

--Guyute

Hot damn folks - give us some details!
What version of CE?
Does the eportfolio login work?
Or does it act the same way? Or different?
Every single release of CE is so different, it would really help to post version numbers with the questions.

r

Sorry for the lack of info... The CE Version is 9.0.0.290. I can not log on to any of the areas via the Launchpad. The only thing I have been able to do is launch the Crystal Import Wizard, which prompts for a login. By using the Administrator user without a password I can proceed. We are not doing any other web activity on this machine and it is not set up as a domain server. Seems to be a security issue but I don't have enough experience. Thanks

Hello Again...
I recently installed a fresh copy of win2000pro on a spare machine with IIS and installed CE9 all of which went without incident. I still am unable to log on to CMC or any other link via the launch pad. When you type Administrator with no password or Guest it just goes blank with no error message. Is there any log or some where I can look to see what is going on? Thanks

When you are trying to log into the CMC and use the Administrator username & no password. What is the authentication set to? It needs to be set to Enterprise authentication or it won't log you in.

It is set to Enterprise, it's like it does not try to authenticate anything, just loops... Thanks

Had a similar problem installing Crystal Enterprise 10. Only got round it by logging in with the NT Administrator password for the domain as this was the NT user logged on when installing. Then set up new users in the Enterprise Administrators group from the CMC.

Huws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back