Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE date seems to use mm/dd/yyyy as opposed to dd/mm/yyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

eo

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
Hi

Whenever I schedule something with CE (and this is also the format in the history section), the daye appears in the format used in the US (I think?) mm/dd/yyyy. This screws up most of the reports, so we will need to set his to (what I think is called imperial date format???) dd/mm/yyyy. Where in CE is this taken managed?

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Hi,
we have a similar situation due to the fact that we were adviced to set up our CE server in english, so you might check the language-specific settings that have been applied to your operating system (maybe date format is switched to US there). To make sure that date fields within the reports are displayed correctly we have taken to format each of these fields with a custom/user-defined date format instead of the standard system format (short/long).

Hi
I changed the server's time settings, but everything in CE still appears in US format!!! The report has been designed to date a date format of dd/mm/yyyy, so there is no reason why it should be different in CE! Even the report instance time is in the incorrect format, i.e. mm/dd/yyyy
It seems like there MUST be a seting in CE where one can specify this. But where?

EO
Hertfordshire, England

I have tried to set dates to the Oracle format DD-MON-YY and it seems to be pretty strongly coded to mm/dd/yyyy in eportfolio. CE10 is less flexible than CE9. I did find that setting the language to Japanese (ja) gave me better control.

This may be different areas of the code than you are referring to, but I offer my experience as a suggestion that getting European date formats out of CE10 make take some serious customization. I hope that is not the case.

Hi
The solution was quite simple.
(a) as for the display of instance date and time in the hsitory section, a coding change to helper_js.csp is required, and
(b) as for the way that CE handles UK/ US formats: The account that the Page Server, RAS and Report Job Server runs under must log on to the system. In Control Panel, select Regional and Language settings, change both select lists to English (United Kingdom) and also in the Advance tab select list. Now reboot, and try again!
Cheers,

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't you have already set your Regional and Language settings for UK?

I have, but the server admin account (under which I initially did this), is different from the domain account from which the 3 services run, I had to do the regional settings when logged on as the domain account, which made all the difference.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back