Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE 8.0 Print Engine Error [On Page Server: <servername>.pageserver]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKKSwitches

Technical User
Feb 17, 2011
US
So I was going to move CE 8.0 from an old w2k server to a 2k3 server and quickly found that wasn't going to work.

So I installed CE 8.0 on another w2k server. And the admin web page works fine. But no reports. Report import wizard fails. But then I find that we don't use or keep our reports there.

I find that we have another IIS site/app on the same server. So I made a copy of that at the file system level to the other w2k server with the same ASP .NET versions. I edit the configs so they look the same in IIS.

And copied over all our reports from the other server. I run the link for a report and the CE engine loads, but then I get an error and no data.

A window titled:
Crystal Report Viewer

with the error:

Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error [On Page Server: <servername>.pageserver]

Click OK and of course I have the viewer shell with no data.

I have been searching all over this forum and all over the place via Google, with no help. I know this is old and most of our reports on something newer.

Anybody have any suggestions on what I am missing, or what this error means so I can search other terms to find help? Thanks.

Update. I figured it out. I knew nothing and still know little about CE and Crystal Reports. Found out that the Crystal Reports Print Engine relies on DLL called crpe32.dll , and looking at that DLL, on the working Server 2000 system the version is 8.5.x and on the non-working windows 2000 server, the DLL version for some reason is 9.2.x, so I copied over the 8.5.x DLL, restarted and it works fine now. I don't know why 9.2.x was on there even though I installed 8.0 and crystal reports 8.5 on there. But it works now.

Hi,
Have you also found out the CE 8.0 is not supporterd ( or very reliable) ?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

That is true and was understood when I posted the issue. But I don't have the control of the 100+ CE 8.5 custom reports. I know we also have about a 100+ of a newer version of Crystral Reports also in use. It was this mixed config before I got here. And it's in the roadmap to have all the reports on the one version and then update that version. I don't even know what version those ones are.

We made do with the hand we are dealt. I didn't pick or build this setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back