Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE 10 Repository Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWinter1

Programmer
Feb 2, 2004
US
Hello,

Couple questions..

1) Is there any security that can be enforced on the repository? For example Developer Group A and Developer Group B have their own set of formulas in the repository. Is there any security that can be enforced to prevent a developer in Group B from modifying a formula in the repository created by Group A?

2) Is there a way to create folders for custom formulas? I could not see how to do this.

Thanks

You can apply security to the repository at two levels. They can be set at folder level (i.e. The Business View folder, downwards) or on specific items within.

The groups/names available are inherited from the CE security setup.

I don't have a v10 system in front of me, but I believe you can't set the security on respository objects like formulas on the object level. If you bring up CR and add a folder in the repository viewer, you can see that folder in the BV Mgr and set security on it. In you case, BWinter1, you'd create a folder for each developer group. But non-BV objects don't show in the BV Mgr, which is the only place where you can set security.
Then again, one of you may prove me wrong...

/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back