Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CE 10 Login required for DataSet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgao

Programmer
Feb 25, 2003
NG
Hi guys

I am trying get my crystal report 10 .net to load data from a dataset everytime I run it It asks for login information to get into DataSet1 (the name of my dataset). Yet it seems no login/pass that I enter is correct I've tried all login/pass I know and nothing worked..

Does anyone else have this problem ? could anyone point me to the right doc or a bit of information that could help me ?

Thanks
Tom

Hi,
Is tthe DataSet created by a query against a datasource that needs a username/password? If so, it may be this that is incorrect..Can you show which one and how you are connecting?

[profile]

Hi I am currently at work I will post more details when I arrive home.

DataSet is populated against a sql server db. With Full Login name and Password attached on the connection string so I don't know what the problem is. :(

Thanks
Tom

just curious even if I didn't specify login/pass if I am filling a dataset isn't it using integrated security from asp.net ?

this not the same as calling the DB directly.

what do you think ?

Thanks
Tom

here's my connection string
workstation id=SIDEKICK;packet size=4096;user id=Tom;data source=SIDEKICK;persist security info=True;initial catalog=AP_DB;password=-----7a

so there's login and password

so I don't know whats wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back