Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR's for billing

Status
Not open for further replies.

acollard83

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2005
US
We are going to be offering voice to our wireless internet customers utilizing Asterisk. I am familiar with Asterisk. The issue is with the cdr's. I need to find a way to get the csv file first off to a format our billing system can read and second to get it to the billing system. The easiest way I think would be to move it to a folder for FTP retrieval by our billing system.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

The CDR reports have been getting better in Asterisk. Have you looked at Elastix? It is another Asterisk distribution that has a pretty good interface and reporting. There is an interface to setup billing and rates. If you chose to use A2billing for example, you can easily add it on through the interface.

If you just want the CSV's to import into your billing system these are in /var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv. The main file is Master.csv (older versions have .1, .2, etc after the file name). However a better way might be to query the MySQL database. The CDR database is called something like asteriskcdrdb. Normally MySQL is configured to only allow connections from localhost on port 3306. However you can modify this to allow access from other hosts by changing the /etc/my.cnf file (or creating one if it doesn't exist). There are normally some sample of this file that come with the MySQL installation but search online and you'll find plenty of examples anyway.

Lee Mason
Optimal Projects Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back