Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cdr's/Flash Movies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourberra

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
What steps do I need to take to publish a flash movie to a cdr? How do you make it play by itself when the cd is inserted into the disc drive? Will it open and play on both a mac and pc platforms? Thanks.

To play from a CD you need to publish your movie as a projector. You will need separate projectors for macs and PCs and each projector has to be created on its parent platform (ie you can't make a mac projector on a PC).

Then you'll have to burn the CD with an application like Toast which will burn hybrid format cds (can be played on both mac and pc).

Toast will create an autorun cd for macs while PCs can be made to autorun the disc with a file named "autorun.inf" which is a simple text file containing this code (replace myCD with the name of your projector file):

[autorun]
open=myCD.exe Slainte

ewan just in case this helps in the future, you can make a mac projector from a pc, you will just need a mac to finish it off..

here's how..

In Publish Settings, choose to publish your movie as a Macintosh Projector. The .hqx file that your PC produces will not run on a MAC. You need to have a common link between the PC and MAC. The program that I use to create this link is StuffIt. You can get a PC version free from their website
If you have StuffIt installed when you create your .hqx file, you'll notice that the file appears as a StuffIt icon.

Burn the .hqx file to a CD.

Part 2.

You need access to a MAC with a CD burner for this part. The MAC must also have StuffIt installed (the MAC I tested this on already had it, I think it's the standard but you can get a free MAC version from the website as well).

Drag the .hqx file onto the desktop to create a hard drive copy. You cannot convert the file from the CD as it will try to write an archive copy to the source.

Drag the hard drive copy onto the StuffIt icon. StuffIt will automatically convert the file. You will see the familiar pink diamond icon appear on the desktop with the same filename as your original .hqx (hooray!).

Delete the .hqx version from the MAC to avoid confusion.

logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back