Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDROM's do not display buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferl4

Technical User
Jan 5, 2003
US
well, i just reloaded my entire system and programs...ausus A7V333, AMD thoroughbred 1800+, highpoint rocket 404 RAID ( for mirroring, but have not yet synchronized the RAID)...win2000pro sp3, ms office2000, etc,... the strangest thing is going on with my LITE ON cd rom burner....when i put in a commercial cd, such as drive image, to load a program, the interface shows, but part of it is missing...the missing part is the buttons that you click on to load the program, along with the descriptions of the buttons...here is what i have done...i removed another LITE ON cd burner from my other computer and switched them...well, the error is still present in this machine...so it is not the cd burner....i switched the cables from IDE0 and IDE1 on the motherboard to reverse them with a hard drive and the cd rom...no change, so it is not the IDEcontroller or the cable, since i switched both at the same time...this is so wierd...i don't know what else to try..device manager says the cdrom is working properly...both computers are using the same cdrom driver..
??
jennifer :)

By 'loading' the program, are you installing it on the HD, or are you just running the program?

Did you try restarting the computer?

Did you shut down programs running in the background, especially an antivirus program?

Did you try uninstalling SP3?

hi ski! well, i solved the problem..i noticed when windows was booting up, the screen was not displaying correctly while the resident programs ( incd, pivot, norton antivirus, etc. ) were loading on the task bar...so i started unloading them one at at time..it was pivot...somehow it was not intstalled correctly...so i uninstalled it, then reinstalled pivot ( i use it for my monitor )now it is just fine~!
thanks,
jennifer :)

Congrats on solving the problem, and thanks for posting back with the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back