Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDROM R/RW "Disconnects"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryinHouston

Technical User
Jan 4, 2001
US
I have a Ricoh MP7040A CDROM R/RW that keeps getting "disconnected" in the Device Manager CDROM Settings. Running W98SE. When I try to use CD Creator or Direct CD to write to the drive I get an error that "one or more of my CDROM drives is not connected...would I like to correct this?...Yes... Please restart ..." It will sometimes change it back, but it will then go away again. I have removed the device in Safe Mode and let W98SE find and reinstall, which it does, but the problem keeps coming back. I have tried to change it manually, but it will change back again. Driving me crazy....not a long drive, just a short putt. Any suggestions?

Has it ever worked? What IDE channel config are you using? Did you disable DMA under properties? If not, try that. I have seen this problem before but I forget exactly what I did to fix it. Try your basic IDE troubleshooting steps also. Cables etc. If I remember, I'll be sure to let you know. Also, manually assign the drive letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back