Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cdrom loading sound in speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsfreak

Technical User
Sep 2, 2004
US
Kind of puzzled by something, ive recently noticed when my cdrom or dvd rom is trying to load a cd sometimes and its making the kick noise you hear as the cd is spinning it also plays the sound through the speakers. Only way I know of stopping it is by muting them. Has anyone heard of this before nor have any clue whats causing it and also how I go about stopping it or if its possible?

It's probably just electromagnetic interference of some sort. It's also possible that either the sound or CD-ROM isn't grounded correctly. I would double-check the cables and see if they're good and the connections are tight.

Check the routing of your cables to see if any of the CD-ROM cables run across or near your audio card, if so try to reroute them.

It's also possible that you have cheap or faulty components. Some CD-ROMs are louder than others, and they're so inexpensive that I wouldn't be suprised if some of them out there aren't as well sheielded as they should be.

Yeah well considering I never use the audio cable very much and its short as it is ill just yank the thing lol. Never thought about that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back