Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cdraw 8 unaccessible clip arts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackP

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
CA
.....i have installed Cdraw 8 and when i am inserting
disc#2 in my pc to browse the clip arts collection for
importing.....i am not able to view the clip arts even
if i double-click on any clip art folder.I've reinstalled
a few time the application but still.It is working with
disc#3 which is images,textures etc.

......but i'm not able to view any clip arts at all.
I only see the folders containing the clip arts.
WHY??????????????

Not much help maybe, but I've had this problem with my version of Corel 8, and found that it just righted itself eventually. Bizarre - sorry. Getting a thing about blues and purples

Are you IMPORTING into Corel, or simply trying to double-click on them?

Try IMPORTING your piece of clipart (File/Import) and see if that works for you.

GraphicDesigner

1)i launch the application Corel draw 8
2)i do file-import
3)browse to the cd-rom(clip arts)
4)i do see in the window all the folders containing
the clip arts.

.......but the problem begins here.When i double-click
on any folder i.e weather,africa,etc.The folder does not
want to open.nothing is happening and the application
crash.

All the posts to this are valid, however you have not mentioned what version of Windows you are using. Normally this would not make a difference, but my guess is that you are using XP.

CorelDRAW 8 clipart uses Media folders. XP cannot properly see these. There are 2 options.

1) Install Corel Media folders (custom install and select this option). That should work

0r

2) Do a file-import, browse to the cd-rom drive (clip art) and now right click on the folder and select open. keep right clicking on the folders till you reach the clipart image that you want and then simply drag it from the folder onto the document . That also works.

All the posts to this are valid, however you have not mentioned what version of Windows you are using. Normally this would not make a difference, but my guess is that you are using XP.

CorelDRAW 8 clipart uses Media folders. XP cannot properly see these. There are 2 options.

1) Install Corel Media folders (custom install and select this option). That should work

0r

2) Do a file-import, browse to the cd-rom drive (clip art) and now right click on the folder and select open. keep right clicking on the folders till you reach the clipart image that you want and then simply drag it from the folder onto the document . That also works.

Hello rwam

...you are right.My operating system is XP.

I did what you told me to do.I've reinstalled the
application with custom installation.MEDIA FOLDERS
is installed.

When i right- click on the clip arts folfers and click on
(open)...nothing is happening and the application close.

What should i do????????? HELP SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back