Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR records on secondary DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomTech34

Vendor
Jan 20, 2012
US
Hello. I'm looking to run call reports on an extension that is MARP on key 2 of a users phone. This user has the their personal ext MARP on key 0 and there rollover on key 1. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to collect call details on inbound calls specifically to key 2? Our call accounting system only shows these calls as if they came in on key 0 and can't distinguish between the two extensions. This extension I need reporting on is an option off a menu for one of the call centers. It's programmed to transfer the calls directly to an MCR that rings on 3 phones. I was hoping there would be some other way I can program this to make it work. Any help is appreciated

If you only need a peg count of calls then you could make the number a CDN that sends the call through a contact center app.
Then you can easily run reports on the CDN. That won't give you call duration though.

That's what I'm looking for, just a peg count of calls. So I would create a new CDN in LD 23 and make the DFDN the number I want to ring on the phones? I would also have to configure the CDN in AACC and acquire it, right? Just thinking out loud. Thanks again for your help

Yes you would need to do a ROUTE CALL in an AACC script to send the CDN to a new DN on the phones. It could be in the master script or in its own application. The DFDN only comes into play if the CDN is not acquired and has to be an ACDN. So if you want to be safe you could create an ACDN with NCFW to the DN on the phones but that would probably only apply when AACC is not working. In that case the calls wouldn't have made to the initial application anyway.

Okay so I'm not worried about the DFDN then. The script I have to create should be very basic since the calls are just ringing direct to an MCR. I guess I should be able to copy the beginning of one of my current scripts so it checks for the basics like time of day, day of week, etc, then jump right to a ROUTE CALL command to the DN. Will that work?

I don't know what your initial application/menu looks like but maybe all the time-of-day stuff has already been handled in there?
So this new script could simply be:
ROUTE CALL xxxx
Its only purpose is to get reports on the number of calls.

Stanley, when I go to build my CDN in LD 23 I get an error code basically saying I need to have a valid ACDN under DFDN. Is there a way to avoid that?

Right - forgot about that. So you should create an ACDN with MAXP 1 and NCFW to the new DN that is on the phones.
Don't think there is a way to avoid the DFDN - sorry. But that will work.

So I have this working in a test environment. Built an ACDN with NCFW to an MCR on a phone. Built a CDN with the DFDN to my ACDN. I can run CDN reports to get offered calls, but it won't show answered, which is fine and also expected since they are all considered terminated because of how it's routed. I think I'm good unless I'm missing something. Thanks again

Just following up. I never built a script for this like mentioned above. Would that change anything? I'm getting reports to work but I'm wondering if not having the script in place would affect anything. For instance all calls peg as terminated, would the script allow me to see offered and answered?

The only way you can get "answered" stats is if you have agents answering the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back