Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxis

MIS
Mar 10, 2003
US
I have an Option61C with 25.40 software. Currently we use OTM 2.1 with Telecom Billing to collect our CDR data from the switch. The swith records a CDR record for all inbound, outbound, and internal calls. The problem I'm having is that only outbound calls are showing the number that was dialed. Is there a way for the switch to take caller ID information and add that to the CDR record for in incoming call?

I'm no expert, but first I would check the routes that you are expecting CDR records from to make sure all incoming CDR prompts are set to allow/send. Then since you mentioned that you use OTM, I would watch the Data Buffering window, refreshing every once in a while to see if there is current CDR coming from the switch. And lastly, you could do a call record parse and see your incoming numbers, could be that you don't have the default NPA/NXX table defined in your configuration. I will check the book tomorrow if you still aren't seeing anything. If all else fails, connect a TTY device to a CTY SDI port to check for raw CDR data.

I will check the routes when I get into the office tomorrow morning. Let me try to clarify my issue though. I am already collecting the CDR records for my inbound calls. All the records are simply missing the phone number. I can still see the time/duration of the call, which trunk it came in on, and which DN answered the call.

You can check to see if you are receiving the incoming number on your trunks by going to overlay 75 and enabling the monitoring on the appropriate trunks in the following manner:

enl mon (insert DDSL number here)

this will then display record for the trunks and you will be able to see whether you are receiving the incoming number or not.

To turn it off just type:

dis mon (DDSL)

Another thing you could check is the CLID setting in the CFN configuration.. This should be set to Yes..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back