Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR over TCP/UDP with IP Office 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicolasR

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2004
FR
Hi all,

Has anybody tried to collect Call Details Records with the new feature from 3.1 ?
I mean : Under Manager\System\CDR, you can set an IP Address
and a port number from wich you can receive CDRs

This feature is very interresting because now you can collect CDR from multiple IP Offices (ie SCN) without to have a deltaserver running on each site. No need of a PC on each site !!!
It's centralized billing !

I've installed a telnet server on a PC of our lab.
I've set IP address of this PC and port to 23 in Manager\System\CDR.

But it doesn't work ! Though I see in Ethereal that the PBX sends the UDP packets to my PC's IP address.
My telnet server responds an ICMP message : Port unreacheable !!!

I don´t think it will work with a Telnet Server or Client as the data is coming in as sessionless UDP data and a telnet server-Client only works if a TCP session is established.
I thought there was a utility on the Admin CD for testing the CDR connection.

Yes CrashTest
I get it to work.
Look at the CDR I've received :

1517 0016 A 36500467599494 42 6 0 0

1517 0060 A 36500467420983 51 6 0 0

I'm still trying to comprehend it.
These UDP CDR seem to be less detailed than CDR with DeltaServer

If somebody has some infos about this.... Let me know !!!

After I sent you the message I looked at IPOffice monitor this has a filter that gives you an out put. PS what did you use to monitor the TCP or UDP port.

We are looking at this new CDR output because the delta server does a very poor jop of identifying a Trunk to trunk forward.

[cheers]

You can use Netcat to capture the data. See this thread: thread690-684030

Or, a third party CDR application. I like this one: Call Accounting Mate

Call Accounting Mate has a free 14 day trial download.

OK.
I've found accurate documentations about CDR.
all fields are described.
Bad surprise : "Duration :
This is the duration of the call, recorded in hours, minutes, and to tenths of minutes. Calls are rounded down in 6-second increments. Therefore, a call of 5-second duration will be indicated as 0 duration. If 9999 appears in this field, this call was in progress when a time change was made in the switch" extract from AVAYA Engineer On Line doc.
The duration is rounded in 6 seconds !!!
With DeltaServer the duration was rounded in 1 second.

I too have tried Call Accounting Mate and it works great for the Do It Yourself type.

I like RSI too since they have a product that is Avaya Compliant (
I also like a bunch of others. It depends on the application (i.e. professional, hospitality, general business, health care etc..)

I have been successful in collecting data from IP Office via various means using Call Accounting Mate and Shadow CMS.

Hi all!
I've just tried to do something with cdr and something worked!
I get date, time of call, duration of call in intervals of 6 seconds, and my ID, but I can not get number that I have dailed (I am using analog lines).

I've used NETCAT for geting these information!
I've tried also and Call Accounting Mate, but only reports that I get are in lists/raw smdr data!
I can't get any reports in Custom View Builder or in list/live/calls page?

What is wrong?

IP Warrior,

I have used Call Accounting Mate and it works reasonably well. It appears that you are getting data and you must be using the view builder incorrectly.

You may try emailing their support. I am sure they will figure out what you are doing wrong. It sounds like you are getting the raw data but your driver may be incorrect so it is not being put into the database (only in the raw data file).

I have a number of customers using Call Accounting Mate on IP Office. They seem to like it because it is completely web based. Their support is fairly good. A couple of times they even connected remotely to diagnose my customer problems.

Regards,
S16

Can anyone point me to the documentation on how to correct set this up. I have tried numerous things, but no luck. Does it matter which port is used? I am running ver 3.1.56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back