Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR on BCM50 R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I have been asked to allow a 3rd party device to extract CDR, only info so far is a small black box, for a car dealer and that the 3rd company dealersocket.com has devices and SMDR's on the Norstar sites.....I have requested more info on it.

If I read right I only need to:

-Set up a User in Accounts & Privileges and give it member group ID 1006 (CDR Application)
-In CDR/ReportOptions setup Format and Type etc
-In CDR/DataFileTransfer set only Transfer Type to Pull
-Give 3rd part the User name, Password and IP of the BCM

Am I missing or should be aware of anything else?

I did a test with CDR Pull Client and while a Pull Now works the Scheduling portion does not list anything in the Columns at all....it does not schedule or start to run at specified time.
This would be a different issue of course but if anyone knows the answer to that too.

This was tested on Win 7/32 and Win 10/64
And note the CDR Client works on both too.

And 3rd question - do most 3rd party apps have the ability to connect using User names and passwords?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I've never setup a BCM to a third party call accounting, so I can't speak to that. As far as the columns not populating, maybe the system is choking on too many CDR records piled up in the BCM logs. You might delete all but the past year or two of CDR logs and see if that helps. The path is /var/shadow/cleartext/cdr/var/nn/CDRDataFiles. So nice of them to bury the CDR logs 7 levels deep.[bugeyed]

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back