Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR authorization code question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilbertG

Programmer
Oct 24, 2011
CA
We have software that collects the CDR files dumped from our Cisco Call Manager 8. This software is designed to import the calls so we can then easily monitor all the LONG DISTANCE calls that were made in our office. One of the features we use in the UCM is the authorization codes. We simply use this to allow long distance calls to be made on phones that have them blocked. The software we use to monitor the calls supports the codes feature, we are supposed to see what calls were made using an authorization code so we can then rebill the correct person.

Now the problem is that we noticed the calls that where made with a code are not showing the code in the reporting tool, and after further investigation we found that the column in the Cisco CDR file(csv) that is supposed to show the auth code is always blank... I am talking about the "authorizationCodeValue" columns in the CDR file. I am looking at a row/call that I KNOW 100% SURE that was made using a code, all the call details are there, expect the code it blank, nothing is shown... So forget the reporting software, it has nothing to do with the problem, the raw data is not complete. Can you get your CDR expert to tell me if any option or special configuration is required to export this authorization code into the CDR file? And we have seen this same setup another offices with same Cisco CM version etc work perfectly, I even have a few raw CDR Cisco logs (from other
offices) that I really do see the authorization code that was used to make a call, so I know this should/can work, I just don't know why for us the code is not showing.

Thank you

Ok now this may sound weird, but technically I THINK I already know the answer, the thing is im missing something because its still not working. Here is what someone else told me to do:

for the FAC to be displayed in the CDR records you need to set the service parameter to true.

Go to System Service Parameter > server Cisco CallManager click on Advanced button and under Clusterwide Parameters (Device - General) the following parameter needs to be set to true:

Display FAC in CDR: Required Field
----------------------------------------------------

Now the thing is I tried applying this to my Call Manager, I activated the FAC as mentioned. But I retried making a longue distance call using a auth code and it still does not show up in the raw CDR file.. Do you know if after activating this option I need to "reboot" anything, like a particular service, or anything like that, or else do you have an idea of what might be missing in addition to this option? Hopefully I just need to restart something for the option to be taken into account.

Thanks guys!

As far as I know you shouldn't need to restart anything, but you can try restarting CAR and CDR service.
Give it some time and test again.
If it still doesn't work you'll need to open a tac case with cisco since the option you activated is the one required.

Access Cisco Unified Serviceability and go to the Tools menu. Select Control Center - Network Services, then CDR Services; Restart the Cisco CDR Repository Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back