Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR and Traffic reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drichter12

Technical User
Dec 15, 2005
US
Does anyone have recommendations on a cost effective solution for collecting and generating reports on CDR and Traffic on a Meridian 1 system? We are currently using SwitchView but all we really need is something to pull and store CDR and traffic data and allow searching and reporting functions.

Thanks for your help,
Dale

Dale

best thing i've used to to dump it to a capture file, run a nothing script that starts and stops the files once ever 24 hours and saves it as a txt.. open that with excel and use macros to format the data... simple and free

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Well, we have about 2000 phones on this system and run about 10,000 calls/day through here so I thisnk management wants more of a production solution. The problem with what we are using now is that it is way more than we need function wise (ACD/MAC/Accounting etc..). All management wants is something that can give them CDR search abilities and reporting as well as standard Traffic report generation.

Dale

Dale

Dale,
I should have mentioned we have many satisfied Mitel clients also.

Terry.

There are probably 500 companyies that sell CDR software, which is great. I hesitate to list my vendor only because it prompts an endless thread of who uses whom.

The company I like is one that has been in business over 20 years, sells software - not hardware. They can store on MSDE, or as we do, Enterprise SQL for an almost unlimited number of call records (many many millions). They provide telephone support and have no voice menus when you call. And there are a number of employees that have been there since I first used them in 1981. I am just a customer

Ask off-lne if you want

~

I wrote a small script in perl that I run on a linux box that captures the data directly from the serial port formats it and stores it into a mysql database that I then can search later using phpMyAdmin. I can share the source if anyone is intersted in my solution the only thing is you would probabbly need to change the collection script a bit for the items you are captureing from the cdr.

I still think the free solution John mentioned is just as easy. I was on site at a Cellular company taking 250,000 calls daily counting the calls hitting the IVR's, so your 10,000 calls wouldn't even be a hiccup lol. Once it is in txt you can search all you want. We used just a simple procomm setup and archived the file daily. Then you can always go back to review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back