Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR & 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
Why would my 911 not show on call records when I call it? I can dial 411 and it shows up and it is set up the same way as 911 using the same RLI. I can do a Trac in LD 80 of the phone while I'm on it and I see the trunk and route that it uses but when I hang up I get no record of making the call. I am using no CLID tables or anything like that.

Everything is set up right, I just found out that for some reason 911 does not give me an Answer Supervision. So my system never knows that the call was completed. If I turn that off in the Route then I get the records. Does anyone know why I would not get supervision from 911? I would like to have Supervision turned on because otherwise I get records on everything leaving the switch connected or not. Thanks for the input bryanrask.

answer supervision yes in the route.. are you looking at raw data or a secondary call acounting system? sometimes for short calls, an aftermarket app ignores call less the x number of seconds... that was added to prevent secondary billing for busys/ring no answer treatment in older hotel packages, but it's still in most cdr apps

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Raw data, if I tell the route not to look for answer supervision then it works. I found out that 911 does not supply supervision on the lines. That way if the calling party should hang up before they answer then it would not drop the line right away so 911 could ID the call. Makes since when you think about it. Thanks for all the help.

Do you mean you set SUPV to NO?? In the RDB change OAN to no then all calls placed will be reported. You should be able to determine what calls are real call in CDR. Whatever system you use for CDR should be able to screen calls as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back