Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizkitchris

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
We have a dial in server (RAS) that uses a telco t1 for service.
I built a t1 on my 61c R4.5 and am able to provide T1 service to the RAS.

Under the telco t1 config I have a DID that comes in on my main PRI route built as a phantom to route it off to the local number on the telco t1. Works fine.

Under the 61c providing t1 service I out the phantom DID and then
ld 87
CUST 0
FEAT CDP
DSC 3215 <--- DID
FLEN 0
DSP LSC
RLI 54 <-- has RLE pointing to RAS RTE

This works if internally I dial 3215, I can connect with modem and once authenticated can access the system.

But if I call the DID from outside the building, I get a message that all circuits are busy. (I outted the DSC and rebuilt as phantom and the DID works fine, even rings at console before I rebuilt as phantom but after i deleted it as a dsc.)

Any ideas?

Check IDC tables.
A number that can be dialed internal and not external, usually points to IDC which affects only incoming calls.

what is the frl of the rli? does the inbound trunk have an ncos high enough to make the call?.. second place to block.. if the targ on the two trunks match, it blocks trunk to trunk.. i would use dsc's and not put the idc table into play

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

if it was the idc then it wouldn't work when it was a phantom.

I decided to make a non-did the dsc and then made the DID a phantom that dcfw to the non-did.

IT WORKED! oddly enough, it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back