Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech257

Technical User
May 16, 2005
US
WE ARE UPGRADING OUR CALL CENTER EQUIPMENT OFF A NORTEL OPTION 81C. ALL CALLS ARE POINTED TO A 5 DIGIT DN WHICH IS POINTED INTO THE CALL CENTER EQUIPMENT. INSTEAD OF TAKING CALLS ON DIGITAL VPC PORTS. WE ARE INSTALLING A T-1 LINE FROM THE PBX TO THE INFINITY SERVER TO TAKE CALLS. I HAVE A DUAL PRI-CARD ETC. DO I NEED TO GO INTO THE CDP AND POINT THE 5 DIGIT DN TO A NEW ROUTE GOING THRU THE PRI CARD?. ANY OTHER PROGRAMMING I NEED TO DO? THANKS

We do something simular with a FAX server. We have two TIE lines that run from the Opt 81 to a Genicom FAX server. We chose an ACD that NCFW's to a DSC. The idea was to allow for a quick reroute change in the event of an internal FAX server failure. How is that 5 digit # configured now?

THE 5 DIGIT DN IS ACD NUMBER WITH 22 AGENTS. THE INFINITY SERVER SEES THE ID AND POPS UP WHAT ACCOUNT IT SHOULD BE. ALL "0" ARE OFF ALL CONSOLES AND ALL CONSOLES ARE IN NITE AND FORWARDED TO THE 5 DIGIT DN. THIS ALLOWS 22 CALLS TO PAA THRU THE CALL CENTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back