Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDOSYS still not working...need help plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMooreJr

Instructor
Feb 6, 2006
US
Hello all...I posted this earlier last week, and got some suggestions, but none worked....this is the scenerio:

3 files on the website
classes.asp (which is the form the user fills out)
classes_info.asp (which is just the code to send the form)
classes_thanks.asp (which appears after clicking the submit button)

However, I'm not getting any e-mails...I have tried several accounts, from my Outlook account to to my Comcast account. It SEEMS to send it, but they never appear...any suggestions? Following is my script for the classes_info.asp page...

------------------------------
<% @language="VBSCRIPT" %>
<%
Dim myMail, myBody
myBody ="Name: "& request.form("name") & vbcrlf & "Company: " & request.form("company") & vbcrlf & "E-Mail: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("email") & vbcrlf & "MS Word: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msword") & vbcrlf & "MS Access: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msaccess") & vbcrlf & "MS Powerpoint: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("mspowerpoint") & vbcrlf & "MS Excel: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msexcel") & vbcrlf & "msfrontpage: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msfrontpage")
Set myMail = Server.CreateObject ("CDO.Message")
myMail.From = request.form("email")
myMail.To = "myemailaddress@mydomain.com"
myMail.Subject = "Class Information"
myMail.CreateMHTMLBody "myMail.Send
set myMail=nothing
Response.Redirect("classes_thanks.asp")
%>
--------------------

now, all of the files reside on the root directory on the website....do they need to go into the aspnet_client folder, or the ASPSecured folder?

Sorry, new to this and just cant seem to figure out where the e-mails are going...I was told to check the /queue folder earlier, but I'm afraid I cant find that..any help would be greatly appreciated...

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

ok...do this:

Go to D or C folder on your server...

Click on Inetpub folder
then Click on mailroot folder
check all the folders to see where your emails are sitting...

the problem you are facing is related to email relay settings...but first make sure where your emails ar in the mailroot directory

-DNG

aaahhh...OK....this is what I did...I went to our exchange server here (where my Outlook stuff goes through) and all folders were empty....so the server here is fine....It's got to be coming from the people who I have the web space with (A1 Webserver) It is on a Windows NT server, but I dont have the same mail directories that I have on this server...

Seems like it may be something that they need to set up on their end? The told me CDO would work just fine...

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

WinNT version 4 uses a different version of CDO than version 5 (aka Win2000)

Code written for 4 will not work with 5 unless you backwards install the 4 DLLs onto the 5 machine... and it is generally a better idea to just change your code than to do this...

On which version of windows is your IIS hosted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back