Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDOSYS not sending e-mail..please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMooreJr

Instructor
Feb 6, 2006
US
Hey all! I'm new to this and I need your help! Here is my simple setup...

classes.asp - page that holds the form classes_info.asp
classes_info.asp - page that is simply the script
classes_thanks.asp - the thank you page for submitting the form.

My problem...it SEEMS to work, but it doesn't send teh e-mail to me! I'm using Outlook but have also tried my Comcast account...here is the script..if you can please tell me why it's not working!!

-------------script starts here----------

<% @language="VBSCRIPT" %>
<%
Dim myMail, myBody
myBody ="Name: "& request.form("name") & vbcrlf & "Company: " & request.form("company") & vbcrlf & "E-Mail: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("email") & vbcrlf & "MS Word: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msword") & vbcrlf & "MS Access: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msaccess") & vbcrlf & "MS Powerpoint: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("mspowerpoint") & vbcrlf & "MS Excel: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msexcel") & vbcrlf & "msfrontpage: "& vbcrlf & request.form ("msfrontpage")
Set myMail = Server.CreateObject ("CDO.Message")
myMail.From = request.form("email")
myMail.To = "myemailaccountishere.com"
myMail.Subject = "Class Information"
myMail.CreateMHTMLBody "myMail.Send
set myMail=nothing
Response.Redirect("classes_thanks.asp")
%>

Thanks all!

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

check the queue folder...may be the emails are sitting there...

-DNG

hmm...I don't see them in any folder on the website itself, or anywhere in my Outlook folders...any other suggestions?

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

DNG was referring to the /queue folder under /inetpub/mailroot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back