Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDOSYS Emails Working To All Domains Except My Own

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulHInstincticve

Programmer
May 31, 2006
GB
Hi, we have been running a Windows server for some time and sending email via CDOSYS quite happily from our ASP application with copies going to customers and copies coming to ourselves. This used to work fine but for some reason recently the copies to ourselves, ie to mailboxes at the same domain as the webserver have stopped coming through although we can happily email those mailboxes from elsewhere such as an Outlook mail client. Around the same time this stopped working we moved the mailboxes from being hosted on the website with I think pop3 mailboxes to being an entirely local hosted arrangement (in order to implement new anti spam software - which incidently does not appear to be causing this). There are around 4 suppliers involved in supporting the setup, ourselves for the ASP coding, local IT support for the local mailboxes and a web designer who is working with the ISP and we are really struggling to work this out between us. Can anyone give us direction? I personally suspect a hosting issue and something needing configuring to tell the SMTP server that the mailboxes associated with the domain have moved but suggestions of such do not seem to be getting taken on board by the ISP and my own knowledge of that whole area is pretty weak anyway. Can anyone help? A test script we are using to debug the problem is listed below

lcfrom = "membership@mysite.com"
lcto = "office@mysite.com"
lcsmtpserver = "smtp.mysite.com"

sch = "Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2
cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "smtpserverport") = 25
cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = lcsmtpserver
cdoConfig.Fields.Update
Set objmail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set objmail.Configuration = cdoConfig
objmail.Subject="Test Email Script"
objmail.From=lcfrom
objmail.To=lcto
objmail.replyto=lcfrom
objmail.TextBody="This is a test email generated from our test script"
objmail.Send

Around the same time this stopped working we moved the mailboxes from being hosted on the website with I think pop3 mailboxes to being an entirely local hosted arrangement...

I'm thinking that from the Web host's point of view they are still hosting the e-mail addresses even though from a DNS point of view they are no longer. So somehow on the Web host be sure to completely delete the e-mail stuff and to do this you may have to start a tech support ticket...

Best regards,
-Paul
- Freelance Web and Database Developer
- Classic ASP Design Tips

Thanks for that Paul, I have passed this on to the web designer in charge of the hosting. Hopefully he can have a look at this and perhaps post a reply in here detailing what has and has not been done at that end to help narrow things down.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back