Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cdosys alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Bear

Programmer
Feb 1, 2003
GB
Hi All

I am using cdosys to send emails to customers, and up to a couple of months ago, very successfully. These are not junk, but invoices and information individually formatted using html. I have now hit two problems. I understand the reason for these restrictions i.e. to stop bulk emailing.

1. I am occasionally going over the limit of the number of emails I can send in a period of time set by my hosting company. Emails just get lost with no error message.

2. I have to use a registered email address in the "from" field which is not customer friendly. Some think it is junk and delete it.

Do you know of any way round this, perhaps use a different email server? I don't want to move to a different hosting site, as apart from this, they have given me excellent service.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back