Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDONTS suddenly stops working - no change made

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuphantom

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2001
US
Hi all,

I've been using CDONTS on my ASP pages for sometime without any problems. A couple weeks ago, I performed some security updates on the OS, and CDONTS has not worked since. I've made no changes to the code at all... it is still written exactly the same way it was when it was working...

The Server is a Windows 2000 Server, running IIS 5. It does not have Exchange on it, but another computer in the office does run Exchange.

I do not know exactly what security fix caused the problem, because I installed several at one time. Has anyone else had this problem yet? I need help, because I need the server to be able to send out Email again.

Can you email internally, within your domain? If so, it's likely you changed your security settings to prevent relaying of non-authicanted email.

You may also want to check to ensure that the SMTP service is still running.. sometimes a security update disables some services. I had this problem a while ago.. it was as simple as restarting the SMTP service.

Cheers,

G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back