Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDONTS.Mail issue with Web Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMooreJr

Instructor
Feb 6, 2006
US
Hey all! Almost got this figured out but have found one snag...

However, I'm running into a problem and not sure if it is my end or the server end. I have a simple ASP VBScript form created in Dreamweaver that is a survey. When they click the submit button, it runs another ASP VBScript to e-mail the results to me, but I am getting an error..this is the error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
Server.CreateObject Failed
/classes_info.asp, line 5
800401f3

line 5 is the following in the script:

Set myMail = Server.CreateObject ("CDONTS.NewMail")

After researching, I found out that IIS (particulary the SMTP component of it) must be installed for CDONTS Mail to work. It doesn't say whether it needs to be installed on the server side or the client side tho! I haven't heard back from my web hosting company, but I am on a Win 2003 Server so the ASP works just fine, it just wont create the CDONTS object. I don't understand why it would need to be on the client side, since I have seen hundreds of surveys that don't require special routing agents to be installed on the client machine. If it must be installed on the client side, what else can I do to e-mail the results to me? In other words, do you know what I need to do with my script to get it to work correctly?

thanks again!

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

You shouldn't need anything clientside to use CDO - however you need to check with your ISP which CDO library they are using. It's unlikely to be CDONTS these days, more likely CDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back