Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDNs and Skillsets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgrizzard

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2003
US
I need to add a new CDN/Skillset into symposium for a current ACD. This is basically the situation, we have a new 800 number going in, I want it to go to a CDN so our scheduling agents can take the calls. Here is basically what I think I need so far:
how do I create the CDN in my option11?
how do I make a DID go to a CDN?
Once I get the CDN acquired in symposium and create a skillset(which I do know how to do), how do I create the applications and scripts?

I see there are applications and scripts for the current skillsets, but I dont see an area where to add new ones. The only thing I can think of is that they get created once the CDN is acquired?

Also, if there is something I'm missing please let me know!

TIA

i can help with the cdn, ld 23 new cdn, cust 0 cdn xxxx, and if you use a did for that number, no other routing is needed. of course the dfdn will be your acd group for the symposium.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,

Thanks again, always a big help, I'm half way there now :D

do you not use DNIS routing for your 800#'s? Ld 49 will allow you to set the IDC table for your new 800# to CDN #.

we've just used CDNs in the past, and john pointed me in the direction for creating the CDN, the problem Im having now is figuring out everything I need to do in Symposium to add the skill set(with all of the necessary stuff) to an exisiting queue.

In symposium under switch administration :

1) select CDN, file new and then add CDN.

2) Next right click on new CDN select aquire

3) Select View (Refresh)

NEXT under Call Flow Administration:

1) select Skillset, File new. ( there will be certin things you need to add here Default Activity , threshold class)

Under Call Flow Administration:

1) Scripts
2) File New
3)Create script
4) EDIT VALIDATE
5) FILE Activate

Next the MASTER SCRIPT
Under Call Flow Administration:

1) Select Scripts

2) Master Script

Add the following line
VALUE xxxx(your CDN): EXECUTE SCRIPT Your_Script

This of course is if you are creating a new script from scratch.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back