Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDN vs DN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

noseygomu

MIS
Feb 10, 2006
CA
to Meridian gurus:

any of you had a good pointer on what CDN is about?
how CDN differs from regular DN?
when symposium/contact center server is ready, what's the quickest way to test whether it works or not (i mean, the connection to the CS 1000 switch)? i know i have to config some CDNs..

i'm still reading pages and pages of 6.0 manual, but i need to take a rest; maybe there's a shortcut that you experts can provide me..

i read CCCT manual, it seemed like i DO need COM connection to the CS 1000 switch.. is that really needed to get this contact center to work with CS 1000?

how does one simulate a 'real world' scenario with a CS 1000 and symposium?
does the CS 1000 need to have a PSTN line or can it be simulated through a SIP trunk coming from a BCM?

thanks much..

A DN is any configured number that is a ssociated with a device, access code, group hunt DN, etc.. A CDN is a DN that is controlled by an external application such as CallPilot or Symposium. To test Symposium in the short term and going forward for long term changes and new implementations, you should set aside 2 CDNs, 2 skillsets, 2 Agent IDs, 2 physical ACD sets associated w/ 2 different ACD queues, and 2 direct DID numbers that you can point to the CDNs via IDC (IDC is optional, but gives you more flexibility). This will allow you to place internal and external calls into your symposium for testing anything you want to test. You need 2 of everything in order to test overflowing between skillsets.

Hope this helps
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back