Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD Writer reboots machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcastillo

Programmer
Jun 9, 2000
MX
Hello
I bougth a HP CD-Writer 9150i. I can read data from it, but when I try to use the "My CD" Software to burn data, my machine reboots in the second step, adding folders or files... The CD Writer is as Master, as single devide in the secondary IDE.... I´ve tried reinstalling the software, and the writer, but it still reboots my pc... any idea??

try contacting HP and seeing if they have an updated driver, or newer version of the software that came with your burner. Windrivers.com might point you in the right direction. they have alot of company home websites there.

a couple of things you might check are your config.sys file and your autoexec.bat file
if you have a device driver loaded for your CD-Rom drive, rem it out. Also make sure you have a TEMP= line in your autoexec.bat file. You might also try Adaptec's Easy CD Creator software

Hi!! Thanks for your advises. I dowloaded Nero, and it works fine. BUT, it doesn't work with DirectCD... I think I am going to uninstall DirectCD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back