Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD-Writer HP reboots PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcastillo

Programmer
Jun 9, 2000
MX
Hello
I bougth a HP CD-Writer 9150i. I can read data from it, but when I try to use the "My CD" Software to burn data, my machine reboots in the second step(adding folders or files)... The CD Writer is as Master, as single devide in the secondary IDE.... I´ve tried reinstalling the software, and the writer, but it still reboots my pc... please help...

do you have another cd drive in the machine. we run a similar model here and it works fine, its the only cd drive in the machine though. try this it might help.
If in doubt get the Ball Pein Hammer out

Yes, I have a CD ROM installed. But everybody does!. Unless it's something about the power source??

If you're using DirectCD, get the latest update for it. A couple of colleagues of mine had similar problems with HP CD burners.

I hope this helps

Yeah, yesterday I desinstalled the DirectCD and the MyCD software. I reinstalled the update of MyCD only, and everything is good. I haven't found the DirectD update yet, but I hope there's not going to be more troubles. Thank you all for your suggestions!

Start from the beginning where your computer is in the state of no hp cdwriter(Software Only). Manually install, one by one all the driver that is in the (driver) cd provided. Check the function of your computer after each load. Soon you will find out which driver from that cd provided is making trouble on your computer. Then go back to the initial state of your computer and manually load all the drivers in the cd provided except the one giving the trouble. Hope this will help solve your problem.

nems

Yes, I had similar issues, actually with a Yamaha 16X CDR-RW, and Adaptec CD Creator 4.0. I had since changed to Nero CD Software and have had not problems since then....interesting....anyone else?

Ed
Toronto, ON Canada

I have a hp pavilion n3410 notebook and also tryed to instal
easy creator 4.0 it also shut down on me i was sooo bummed
after the 4th attempt to uninstal and reinstal and recording
falure i was glad to here it wasn't my fault!...
looks like adaptec has some problems with there software.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS SOFTWARE IT STINKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back