Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cd-rw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaliczombi

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
US
When ever I put in a cd-rw in to my drive an explorer window pops up displaying the contents of the cd. Under autorun options for this drive I chose "take no action" Is there a way to stop this. I don't need to see what's on, I know already. I am running XP home and Easy Cd creator 5 Platinum, latest version, to format the disks.

Ok, right click on your CD drive,go to properties and choose the autoplay tab. Use the drop down box and scroll to the bottom and choose Music CD, then choose what you would like done with it or have it promt you every time.

If you hold down the shift key while the cd is spinning up for the first time it will not auto run

both options do not prevent the explorer window from appearing with a CD-RW. Every option under autoplay is set to take no action but the window appears.

Metaliczombi, You're in luck about 4 days ago I "Changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom from “1” to “0” to eliminate CD autoplay."
It worked for me with home/SP1

bull,

I changed that yesterday before I posted but I guess I forgot to restart b/c today when I started up again problem solved. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back