Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD-RW won't burn! Please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozman

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
CA
I have a duron 600, 128 meg RAM, 10 gig HD, Acer CDROM, Creative CDRW 4x2x24, Windows XP

Problem: I can't burn cd's. Windows burning software doesn't acknowledge that a cd is in the drive, and Nero says that burning is complete, but doesn't actually burn anything.

I tried the drive on another WinXP computer and it worked fine. I also used Nero on the other computer. I have tried a complete format/reinstall of WinXP and it still won't burn. That is where I am sitting right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have also changed the registry in WinXP to make sure WinXP recognizes the drive as a writer, to no avail. It is on the primary ide, the second cdrom is on the secondary ide. I have swapped both drives, but it made no difference.

Thanks for your help in advance.

u sure it isnt the cds? tried a different brand? js error; 67 on line; 36 of signature.class

Have you done all the updates to XP, there was an update for CD-RW's on one of the updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back