Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CD-RW isn't being read by SCI or IDE bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dthomas

Programmer
Mar 1, 2002
US
I am using a CD-RW CRX160E. All the cables are in right because the drive opens and closes, and I am runnign the software that came with it "CD Extreme" I alos successfully burned 2 CD's and interrupted 2 other accidentally. But now it won't work and I dunno what do do. Maybe I don't have proper mother board drivers for my computer? Where would I get them if that were the case? I am using an AMD-k2.

Any help is appreated.

Hi, if you were able to burn 2 good ones, then you must have installed the software correctly. But a few things to do now: Go to the manufacturer's site and get the driver, or go or any driver site this forum recommends. Then re-install the NEWEST-MOST CURRENT VERSION of the driver (you never know what goodies & tweaks they've added), un-install the old driver first. Now, you said that 2 disks didn't work out, I wonder why? Maybe you messing with the cables while they were burning. That's a fast way to corrupt the drivers. Also, don't interrupt the computer in any way while the disk is burning, you never know what your computer is up to when something like that is running on your computer. And finally, read the read-me section of your driver. It is possible that older drivers do not support conversion of certain medias. (ROM music burning and MP3 files are seperate formats, which will confuse older CD-RW drivers)
However, I don't even own a CD-RW, so I could be wrong about all of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back